Jon Martin joined Peel X in 2012, specialising in programming, 3D modelling and computer vision technologies (such as augmented reality and virtual reality).
Since joining Peel X, Jon Martin has overseen its development team and worked on a multitude of exciting and award-winning digital experiences developed by Peel X. He has developed digital experiences that include gesture-based projections, interactive touchscreen technology, gaming, 3D immersive landscapes, augmented reality apps, virtual reality experiences and 360 degree projections.
A large part of his career has been within the education sector, specifically at Doncaster College. While working in education, Jon Martin has been involved with the creation of a number of resources, including a lighting design application for theatre students and a suite of apps for Android and Windows Desktop that teach building engineering students about renewable energy installations.
Outside of the education sector, Jon Martin has also worked on:
– Developing commercial applications for 3D LADAR data and developed town planning apps for two local councils.
– Developing iPad/Android 3D engineering applications for Safe-Rack comprising of point-of-sale, problem-solving and back-end ordering components.
– Writing a 3D augmented reality sales tool and HTML survey tool for use on the iPad by Proctor & Gamble’s Hugo Boss Sales team.
– An augmented reality shop display tool and a video store layout tool for Bezier clients Tesco/Warner Bros.
– Various heritage-based applications for Visit Yorkshire.
– An educational interactive 3D reconstruction of a Roman camp.
At Peel X, Jon has led the development team in their work on projects including:
– A suite of digital experiences at The Beacon Museum, Derby Silk Mill Museum, York Mansion House, and Warwick Market Hall Museum.
– The Alnwick Garden Augmented Reality App.
– The Parliamentary Education Centre Augmented Reality Learning Experience.
– The Colchester Castle Multimedia Guide & Town Trail.
– Kelmarsh Hall.
– York Mansion House AV Software.
– Warwick Market Hall Museum AV Software.
– Derby Silk Mill Museum.
– RSPB Forsinard Flows Visitor Centre.
– The Beacon Museum digital pathway delivery.
– Muncaster Castle & Gardens.
– Tamworth AR Trails.
– Uist Unearthed.
– Dublin Discovery Trails.
– Discover Northallerton.